|Picture from healthyblenderrecipes.com|
Ok I'm pretty sure this was the best potato salad I have ever eaten! I am not kidding you, just try it and trust me! I added a tad more mustard, and a bunch of cut up dill pickles. I left out the celery, red onion, and broccoli, since certain people eating it in my family probably wouldn't like that. It's so Incredibly delicious! Here is the recipe from healthyblenderrecipes.com-
- 8 cups (about 8 medium red skinned potatoes) largely diced / cut into cubes
- 1 cup (about 1 bunch) green onions finely chopped
- 1 cup (about 1 medium) red bell pepper (capsicum) finely diced
- 1 cup (about 4 large ribs) celery finely diced
- 1 cup broccoli stalk (slaw) chopped finely
- 1 cup (about 1 bunch) continental parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (about 1/2 medium) finely chopped red onion
- 1 batch of The Blender Girl's vegan mayonnaise (for a nut free version use soy mayonnaise)
- 2 Tbsp organic dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with cold filtered water.
- Add 2 Tbsp of Celtic sea salt to the water and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes or until just done.
- Rinse them with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Transfer the potatoes to a mixing bowl and combine with all of the chopped vegetables (except the parsley)
- To make the dressing - blend the mustard and apple cider vinegar with the blender girl mayonnaise
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix thoroughly.
- Stir through the parsley, and then season with Celtic sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Chill or serve at room temperature. YUM!
* Click here for my other favorite mayo recipe that is lower in fat.