Cooking Rice to Reduce Arsenic
My post and information on Natural Food Dyes
How to Cook and Freeze Dried Beans ( p.s. add a bay leaf while cooking to reduce gassy effects)
Oils:Click here for some info on oils.
White Sugar substitute:
- Maple syrup, use 3/4 cup = 1 cup sugar, but decrease the total amount of liquid in the recipe by about 3 tablespoons for each cup of syrup you use when baking. Maple syrup has 53 cals. per serving.
- Agave Nectar, For each cup of white sugar replaced, use 2/3 of a cup of agave and reduce other liquids by 1/4 to 1/3 cup, may cause baked items to brown more quickly, so reduce oven temperatures by 25°F is and increase baking time slightly.
- Almond Milk
- Soy Milk
- Rice Milk
- Oat Milk
- Hemp Milk
- So many options now-a-days!
- 1 tbs milled flax seed, 3 tbs of water = 1 egg, I read if the recipe calls for more than 3 eggs that it doesn't work as well
- Ener-G egg replacer
- Chia Seeds, Click here for detailed instructions w/pics
- Click Here for more ideas.