Monday, February 11, 2013

Oil Substitution & Italian Dressing Recipe

I'm so excited I found a recipe for an oil substitution for dressings, YAY!  I made a little bit more than the original recipe so that I could use it in this Italian dressing recipe I found. It totally works, I know it's basically gravy but what a great idea. I can't believe I never thought of this before, I can't wait to make it for other dressings! Just make as much as you need in order to replace oil.

1 cup vegetable broth (you can use just cold water but I used broth)
2 tsp corn starch, or arrowroot powder

-Whisk the powder into your liquid of choice
-Cook on high, stirring constantly until it thickens, only took me a few mins.

It's that easy! Just add to the rest of your dressing mixture in place of oil.
I found this recipe on Fatfreevegan.com


Zesty Italian Dressing Recipe

Ingredients
1 cup of the vinegar (any type is fine, whether ACV, wine vinegar, rice vinegar, etc...)
1 1/3 cup of olive oil or other oil (I usually do half olive oil, half cheaper oil)
2 tablespoons of water
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 tablespoon honey, white sugar, or sucanat
1 tablespoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoons salt

Instructions
1. Pour ingredients into a glass jar or bottle with a cover. You may need to use a funnel, in which case pour the dry things in first before the liquids.
2. Cover and shake well.
3. Use, or refrigerate for months and months.
4. Enjoy!

Dressing Recipe, from pennilessparenting.com

No comments:

Post a Comment