Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Oil Free Salad Dressing (V)


I was trying to make a salad dressing without oil one day and this is what I came up with. Besides the natural oil in the flax meal it's oil free, it's similar to a vinaigrette. This is my new favorite, and the one I use the most. Let me know if you like it too.

Makes about 5-6 servings of 2 Tbs:

1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup water
1 Tbs + 1tsp flax meal
1 Tbs honey or other liquid sweetener
1 Tbs mustard
1 Tbs molasses

-Mix all the ingredients into a jar or container with a tight lid, shake it up, let it sit for a few minutes to let the flax meal help thicken it up, and there ya go! Keep in the fridge for a few days.

*If the flavor is too strong for you just add a little more sweetener or molasses. Or don't add as much vinegar and water.

* This salad goes great with my Red Cabbage Salad Recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment