Saturday, January 28, 2012

Croutons (V)


I like to make croutons when my bread starts to get a little hard but not too old, I eat whole grain bread so it's normally on the hard side and great for croutons!

5 slices of bread
1/4 cup butter, or sub. I use earth balance soy free, can also use oil,or spray.
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasonings

Cut bread into 1/2 inch cubes and put into a bowl. Melt butter and then add the seasonings to it. Drizzle over cubed bread and stir, I drizzle half at a time and stir to make sure it all gets some. Cook on ungreased cookie sheet with edges at 325 for 15-20 mins. I also stir half way through cooking and keep an eye on it the last few mins so they don't burn.

*Makes roughly 10-1/4cup servings, about 81 cals per 1/4cup
*When I make soup I like to make just garlic croutons to put on top, yum! Obviously you can use different seasonings if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment